Downspout Filter - SlimLine
Tired of clogged underground landscape pipes or damaged mesh filters on the top of your rain barrel?
Keep leaves and other large debris from entering or landing on the top of your rain barrel and clogging up your fine screen mesh with an Aquabarrel SlimLine Downspout Filter.
Remove the debris from your downspout before it becomes a problem for your rain barrel or underground pipes!
Features and Benefits:
- Downspout filters are installed in-line on your downspouts where you can reach them.
- Catches debris larger than 1/8".
- Removable sturdy aluminum basket.
- Great for filtering downspouts that empty into rain barrels, water containment systems or underground drainage systems.
- No screens to get damaged or need replacing.
- 3" x 4" stands about 13.25" tall
NOTE: Only Available in Low Gloss White and Royal Brown
Downspout Filter - SlimLine - Manual Clean Out - Example Pictures
3x4 body for the perfect match to your 3x4 downspout, both top and bottom!
If you have 2x3 downspouts your Slim Line Downspout Filter will look like this image
We use the 3x4 body and install a reducer on the top and bottom so it will fit a 2x3 downspout
In the drop down menu please select the 2x3 size. You will get the 3x4 body with the 2x3 adapters included
Image of the 3x4 body with supplied reducer. This bottom adapter slides over the bottom of the 3x4 body and inside the 2x3 downspout below.
- Cut your downspout (we suggest they be installed at about eye level or at the very least where you can reach them without a ladder) and crimp the 4 corners so your downspout will slide inside of the Slim Line Downspout Filter. You only need to slide in just a little bit. The deflector should keep you from shoving it in too far.
- Measure from the bottom of the Slim Line Downspout Filter to your termination point, then add .75 inch. Trim the bottom downspout section to that length.
- Insert bottom of Slim Line Downspout Filter into trimmed downspout section.
- Secure the downspout filter to the wall with downspout straps.
Do your downspouts empty into a landscape pipe or underground drain or divert water to a rain barrel? Here is a simple solution to collect leaves and large debris and keep them from clogging your underground drainage pipes. SlimLine downspout filters are manufactured from the same high quality aluminum that your downspouts and gutters are made from. The 1/8" diameter holes allow for rain water to flow through while trapping larger downspout clogging leaves and debris.
Are the sticks and leaves exiting the downspout damaging your rain barrel screens? Use a downspout filter to collect the large debris before it can get to your rain barrel and destroy your rain barrel screens.
Clean as often as necessary to minimize build up and clogging.